'Round the Table Meal
Why had this never occurred to me before?
(Many thanks to you, Carol Drews!)
For lunch, or the nights when dad is not home and you don't really feel like cooking... Just throw some food on a plate and let them stand around while they eat!
Or, sit, as they did one warm night in February..
Rules for the kids
1. Take one thing at a time- no need to hoard! I can always make/cut up more! (this one is hard for the 2 year old!)
2. If you've already had one, wait till the others have one before you take a second.
3. You don't have to eat anything you don't want.
4. If you take it, you eat it. Or you find someone else who will.
5. No running around. Stay around the table (or on the blanket) until you are excused!
1. Fill the plate with healthy stuff so you don't have to hover. (Who cares if they eat only 2 things? They will get their tummies full!)
2. Know that if you share with them, you might accidentally bite into something with slobber on it. Either be vigilant, or eat your own stuff.
3. Yes, it is a little bit like feeding pigs from a trough. Try not to tease them about that. If you do, the boys will probably start oinking and picking everything up with their mouths, and the girls will demand plates.
See also Mom Tips You Can Use